Many cases today involve a component of international criminal law due to the rapid and complex technological developments of our global society. In its widest context, the source of international criminal law might be derived from the general principles of international law recognized by civilized nations; and found in the customary law accepted by states, the general criminal law recognized by nations, and the treaties governing the conduct of nations toward each other.
At Nishay K. Sanan, ESQ., our practice focuses on the transnational crime category, which includes ICOs or OTCs of Cryptocurrency, trans-border organized criminal activity, counterfeiting, money laundering, financial crimes, credit card fraud, FCPA and use of foreign bank accounts. Activities which are conducted across borders, through international telephone lines, wires, shipments and mail, and which affect or involve individuals in 2 or more countries are within our international criminal law practice.
For the best international criminal defense, knowledge of recent International legal, treaty and tribunal developments is essential. Nishay K. Sanan, Esq., has the experience in international extradition, the use of military forces and militias, and the differences in the criminal justice systems and civil rights and privileges around the world is crucial in formulating effective and successful defense strategies for our clients. We have experience in dealing with laws, government and law enforcement agencies and tribunals in countries all over the world, as well as with such that operate on a cooperative basis between and among nations.
We offer advocacy focusing on the international laws that may apply to their specific case. In order to get the best possible results, a lot of time and preparation is poured on each case.
Investigations, Trials & Appeals
- International Criminal Charges: International criminal defense attorneys generally travel to foreign countries linked to the crime, where they work together with foreign and local counsel to protect the U.S. citizen and foreign national being charged with a crime. Although U.S. attorneys can’t practice abroad, they have many resources to deal with international arrests. These attorneys can work on all aspects of the arrest in conjunction with foreign counsel. They make sure all the specifics of your case are handled and explained properly to international authorities.
- International Extradition: We have represented individuals in high profile extradition cases throughout the world. For example, a government seeking to deport a celebrity or an important figure to and from the United States.
- Post-Conviction: We can handle all aspects of international post-conviction issues, including prisoner transfer treaties, prison transfers, and appeal of Habeas Corpus petitions.
Cases We Handle
If you are looking for an international lawyer to handle your high-profile case but not sure where to turn. Whatever your situation is, Nishay K. Sanan, ESQ., is here for you. Some of the cases we have successfully handled include:
- Foreigner/International Arrests
- Cryptocurrency & Bitcoin
- FCPA (Foreign Corruption Practices Act)
- International Bank Fraud and Money Laundering
- International Drug Trafficking
- Ponzi Schemes
If you are a foreign national charged with a crime in the United States or a US citizen accused of criminal activity overseas, you can seek trusted legal representation with Nishay K. Sanan, ESQ. Federal and international laws can be very complex requiring the legal representation of someone familiar with international criminal law. These laws regulate how your financial interests operate in an international context. If a conviction is reached, you will face serious penalties. It doesn’t matter how severe the charges against you are, we will ensure that your voice is heard and the best possible outcome is reached.